Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Passing Time

Hello! Sorry I have not continued the series on Body Image/Beauty in Christ. We will continue that eventually... the internet was down for a few days, Jeremy has had full reign on the computer in preparation for his sermon tomorrow morning and life in general is often too busy to hop on here and write.
We are well overall and I am enjoying my new job. It is a challenge everyday physically- but a great blessing emotionally and spiritually to be able to assist others in their own health struggles. It has proved to be a great ministry as well! While talking to a friend the other evening, I mentioned that I am blessed in many ways through this illness, (although often that is hard to see!). One of these ways is that I have to rely on a God in a very real and physical way each and every moment of every day. I am constantly made aware of my fragile state and my need for God's grace and goodness. As a woman in my 20's, I know without a doubt that I would not be able to rely on Him this way if I was healthy. I may not know Him so intimately as the Comforter and Sustainer like I do today. I relate with elderly people far better and have a heart for those who have chronic illnesses of all ages. The enemy often greatly succeeds through isolation, discouragement and hopelessness in people with long- term sicknesses...and now i can use my own past and current experiences to help minister to those physically (and often emotionally).
We love you and will be posting Jeremy's sermon when the audio becomes available at our church website.

-Kate

No comments: