Friday, August 31, 2007

Books of Influence to us

Kyle Borg tagged Jeremy to do this on our blog, but I thought I would as well, (in hopes of getting Jeremy to do it also).

He called it Book Meme but that sounds strange so ... here it is: By the way, The Bible is Omitted from these answers.

1. One book that changed your life:
When I Don't Desire God by Piper. Real, Biblical and Practical.
AND My Utmost of His Highest by Chambers

2. One book you've read more than once:
A Path Through Suffering by Elizabeth Elliot

3. One book you'd want on a desert island:
Valley of Vision... this collection of puritan prayers is amazing.

4. One book that made you laugh:
Probably Captivating... after I got over being mad, the fact that she writes that we as woman are the "zenith of creation" is hilarious.

5. One book that made you cry:
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. This is an amazing fictional story based off Hosea that really portrays God's grace in amazing ways.

6. One book you wish had been written:
Any book by Piper, Owen, Spurgeon, Carmichael, etc...all of my favs.

7. One book you wish had never been written:
anything by Joel Osteen or Brian McClarin (not spelled right)

8. One book you're currently reading:
Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas...awesome!

9. One book you've been meaning to read:
Knowing God by J.I. Packer
and The Mystery of Marriage and the Glory of Christ

10. Tag 4 other readers:

Jeremy (my dear husband)

Chad

Casey

Abby and Ron

No comments: