Sunday, September 2, 2007

Jeremy's Book List

Bible omitted from the following answers except #1. Sorry!

1. One book that changed your life:
Really, only the Bible can boast that title for me. Not to seem all spiritual and all. Although, Soul Winner by Spurgeon DID help me out in my theological understandings.

2. One book you've read more than once:
Lord Foulgrin Letters by Randy Alcorn

3. One book you'd want on a desert island:
Institutes of the Christian Religion by John Calvin... a basic EVERY christian should read, which was its original intention.

4. One book that made you laugh:
Panache That Pays- a book about etiquette...whats that?

5. One book that made you cry:
The fairy tale book I wrote for my wife for when I asked her to marry me.
or Basics of Biblical Greek because man that is some hard stuff!

6. One book you wish had been written:
Everybody Barfs... so the Everybody Poops series would be a Trilogy. (Kate thought of this!)

7. One book you wish had never been written:
A New Kind of Christian by Brian McLaren...I think this book is deceptive because McLaren is smart enough to make his theology SEEM like it could have some truth to it. I still can't believe my church from home gave me this book as a High School graduation present! I am just happy that God was gracious to me, in that I did not buy into it when I read it.

8. 10 books you're currently reading:
Calvin's Institutes, Sacred Marriage, Pleasures of God, Lord of the Rings, Urban Ministry, Overcoming Sin and Temptation, The Glory of Christ, etc etc. My wife says I should work on doing ONE book at a time. :)

9. One book you've been meaning to read:
Bondage of the Will by Luther. Also, Edwards (all).

10. Tag 4 other readers:

Andy (again)

Kenny Hunt (the Dr.) :)

Abby (again)

Ron (again)



No comments: