Wednesday, October 31, 2007

An Invisible Giant

I am feeling very frustrated today. I talked to my most recent Dr.- the Rhuemotologist - and she conveyed that 12 out of the 14 blood tests I recently had were normal. Two were highly abnormal. Both my sed-rate and my c-reactive protein were very elevated. I was actually relieved at first to hear that we finally found SOME type of answer. Only it turned out it isn't much of an answer after all.
The elevated blood tests aforementioned are usually linked with cancer, leukemia or different auto-immune diseases. The Rhuemotologist then said they could not do anything more in her department and that I should ask my General Doctor which specialist should help me now. So I feel both in the dark and frustrated because I will be on to my 5th specialist now. We just want to know WHAT we are facing and WHAT can be done about it, if anything. I feel as if I am battling against an invisible giant.
Please pray that the Doctors would have wisdom and a drive to find out exactly what is going on. Please also pray for peace as we continue to play the waiting game.

My husband shared his experience in meeting his FAVORITE music artist of all time below. It is both cute and amusing to read. :)

Yours, Kate

2 comments:

Joe Arant said...

I will be praying for you Kate! Come to Mayo Clinic, cause I work here and I would probably be able to see you and Jeremy! Take care!

Jeremy and Kate said...

Joe,

Thank you so much for your commitment to pray for me. I didn't know you are working at Mayo...what are you doing there?
Hope all is well!

Kate