
Well, I have to say that people have got to be praying for me because I have felt a peace that passes all understanding since Tuesday and haven't worried about the car, money stuff, etc.
Thank you for your continued prayers!
I am currently on Day 11 of a special diet given by my chiropractor.
I am only able to eat fruits, vegetables, and brown rice for a month. Last week was VERY difficult but this week, I am starting to feel a little bit more energetic. I am not allowed to eat meat, dairy or sugar at all. And most of the food I do eat is organic. I guess almost 70% of your immune system is in your stomach so it makes sense to try to clense out my system from toxins so my body can perhaps start working better. That would be so nice!
I think this is teaching me some important albeit challenging lessons in self-control.
I've had to resist some difficult things like pizza and such and thus far, have not given in. I am always hungry and never feel "full" but learning that this is ok! :) I think in America we usually eat until we are full and that isn't necessarily healthy either.
Anyway, I would appreciate continued prayer as I have more than 2 weeks left and am starting to really crave CHEESE! :)
Jeremy and I will be going to the Cities and seeing my mom for the first time in over 4 months! I am SUPER excited as I miss her greatly.
Love in Christ,
Kate
Thank you for your continued prayers!
I am currently on Day 11 of a special diet given by my chiropractor.
I am only able to eat fruits, vegetables, and brown rice for a month. Last week was VERY difficult but this week, I am starting to feel a little bit more energetic. I am not allowed to eat meat, dairy or sugar at all. And most of the food I do eat is organic. I guess almost 70% of your immune system is in your stomach so it makes sense to try to clense out my system from toxins so my body can perhaps start working better. That would be so nice!
I think this is teaching me some important albeit challenging lessons in self-control.
I've had to resist some difficult things like pizza and such and thus far, have not given in. I am always hungry and never feel "full" but learning that this is ok! :) I think in America we usually eat until we are full and that isn't necessarily healthy either.
Anyway, I would appreciate continued prayer as I have more than 2 weeks left and am starting to really crave CHEESE! :)
Jeremy and I will be going to the Cities and seeing my mom for the first time in over 4 months! I am SUPER excited as I miss her greatly.
Love in Christ,
Kate
3 comments:
If you put a sprinkle of salt on cauliflower, and cook it until it's really soft, you can almost pretend it tastes like cheese.
Just kidding, in case you couldn't tell! :-)
I'll be praying for you. Are you allowed anything on your rice--like salt?
Amy
Thankfully i can have salt and other seasonings...but man it is just on the same! :)
Hope you are well! I miss seeing you!
Kate
Next week is less crazy for me, so maybe we can do something sometime. Plus, starting the 2nd weekend in November, I'll have saturdays off, so maybe I can go to a movie or something with you.
Amy.
PS--a dash of cinnamon and sugar on rice--even brown rice--is very good.
Post a Comment