Good afternoon! I hope everyone is well! I appreciate the e-mails and calls I've gotten requesting a new update. Thanks to everyone prayers...I need them and can feel them!
This last week was pretty rough. I got a cold with fever and this impacts me more than "normal" people as my Doctor said. Yes, I am abnormal for all of you who hadn't figured this out yet! I am just starting to feel a little bit better now.
I went to my general Doctor on Monday and she referred me to more specialists and I am going back to one I have seen in the past. All together, I have 4 Doctor appointments with 4 different Doctors coming up. I am still clinging to the hope that they will find out what is wrong with me... and soon! After those visits, we are going to head to Mayo if no diagnosis is made. I am thankful for my husband being so patient and supportive during all of this uncertainty.
My days now, are the least busy I have ever been...by a vast amount! It is crazy to go from a life of college, wedding planning, being involved in many clubs and working to ....well, being a wife and focusing on taking care of myself. It has been humbeling to say the least. So often our identity is based on WHAT we are doing, not WHO we are...not until all of it was stripped from me have I fully realized this sad truth. An average day for me is e-mailing, sipping on green tea, watching a movie, reading a lot, hanging out with a friend if I'm up to it and enjoying the evening with my husband. This would be lovely if I was not feeling utterly exhausted and ill.
Well, I will end with a wonderful set of verses Tressa pointed out to me recently...how applicable!
"Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; His understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might He increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary and the young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."
-Isaiah 40:28-31
Much love, Kate
8 comments:
Thanks for keeping me updated! Prayers are with you!
Hi Kate,
I like what you said "So often our identity is based on WHAT we are doing, not WHO we are" which is so true. However, I'm finding more and more that the business I'm pursuing is allowing me to become more of "Who" I am instead of determining "What" I am doing. We are all meant for so much more than what is often handed us in life. It is just our job to go out in bravery and become Who God has meant us to be! I want to be more, love more, and achieve more so I can give more to others! Love you!
Rachel Swanson
James 5:14
Add James 5:15-16.
"Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord." That's the point I was trying to get through.
Thank you. we got it. :) who is this?
The point I wanted to add to the above mentioned "anonymous" person is that confession is important as well. It is faulty to think that the "elders" of a church alone will bring about healing. Some but not all. Confession and forgiveness and repentance is vital. These are active acts, not passive acts. Forgiveness of past hurts and people is an often overlooked aspect of healing. I appreciate what "anonymous" brought to the table in James. But lets not overlook the big picture here.
Are there two anonymous people talking here?
Anonymous - aka ablaze
Post a Comment