Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Health Update for Today

Hello again friend and family!
I am writing to let you know what is going on lately with my health.
Things seem to be very up and down health-wise. Some hours I will feel ok, others I will be unable to leave my bed due to sheer exhaustion or headaches.
I have been reading up on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and it seems that everyone who has this has gone through the months of unknowing...of test after test coming back normal. Because this is a sickness that can only be diagnosed by process of elimination. I've also learned that CFS manifests itself in different ways to different people on different days. What I mean is...yesterday I was feel the exhaustion and weakness, today I have a terrible sore throat and swollen glands.
Now, I say all this because I want those in my life to understand what it's like on a daily basis. I don't want pity of course, but prayers. Most days, I don't even pray for healing anymore. I need to. In all honestly, a lot of days I am doing OK...focused on what I am thankful for and trusting in the Lord. But every few weeks, there is a dark cloud of hopelessness and being so weary from being weary. Thankfully, it seems to not last more than a day.
Anyway, I have to go back to bed...
I will be getting more into the Modesty Posts as soon as I feel up to it a bit.
Oh! And this friday I have another Doctor appt. with another specialist. I am hoping that there will be some sort of answer to all this.


Kate

I would just like to add a special thanks for my amazing husband, Jeremy. This is not an easy thing for us to bare as newlyweds...but you have never complained and you are so loving and encouraging. THANK YOU for your support and care! You are certainly glorifying the Lord through this and ministering to your wife. :) I love you so much.

1 comment:

Jeff and Alyse Paull said...

well katey, i linked to your blog from facebook and i just read for awhile. i can't believe all the stuff that is going on....

i'm just finishing up nursing school so all the tests and such are familiar to me...but how frustrating it must be to you to be in the dark.

i think the greatest encouragement that i give my patients is the assurance that God is the Great Physician...and how lucky we are for that. Yes, of course, I would pray for wisdom of the medical staff, but the fact that they are controlled by something greater is awesome. it's encouraging to see your trust in Him and i will pray for patience for yall to wait until the greatest doctor around decides to show you what He's doing :)