The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever. - Isaiah 40:8
As Americans, we get so wrapped up in culture, finances, degrees, jobs and the like that we completely forget how absolutely fleeting all this is. Which is why it makes so much sense to put effort, time and thought into the only thing that WILL REMAIN: God and our relationship with Him, His Son and The Spirit. So why do we allow these futile things to take priority over our Constant? How often do I chose to watch TV or get a little more sleep over spending time reading His Word or praying? This isn't meant to be a guilt trip- but a written reminder to myself.Secondly, I started thinking of the importance of reflection. Each year, our nation will create documentaries or specials memorializing the tragic events of 9/11. However, how often do we sit to reflect upon the events of life (both good and bad) that have shaped us? In my own experience, I am either DWELLING on past situations or events or completely IGNORING them. Where is the balance and what is the fruit from true reflection?
Those are some thoughts, albeit mundane, that I have been having lately. Feel free to share your opinions.
ON a personal note, we haven't found a church home and could use some prayer regarding our search.
With love, Kate
No comments:
Post a Comment